Cannabidiol (CBD) is a chemical compound found in the Cannabis sativa plant, commonly known as marijuana. However, CBD does not produce the psychoactive effects that are associated with marijuana use. Instead, it has a range of potential therapeutic applications, including for use in pets.
One of the main benefits of CBD for pets is its potential to reduce anxiety and stress. This is because CBD has been shown to have a calming effect on the central nervous system, which can be helpful for pets that experience separation anxiety, noise phobias, or other types of anxiety.
Instead of simply masking pain and inflammation, CBD stimulates our anatomical endocannabinoid system that works with the central and peripheral nervous systems. This stimulation has been known to reduce pain sensation, inflammation and promote overall homeostasis. Which is why we created our Pet Tincture.
CBD may also be helpful for pets experiencing pain, inflammation, and muscle spasms. Some studies have found that CBD can be effective at reducing inflammation and pain sensitivity in animals, making it a potential treatment for conditions such as osteoarthritis and intervertebral disc disease.
In addition to its potential benefits for anxiety and pain management, CBD may also be helpful for pets with certain digestive issues. Some pets may experience nausea and vomiting, or may have difficulty eating due to appetite loss or other digestive problems. CBD has been shown to have anti-nausea and appetite-stimulating effects, which may help improve the symptoms of these conditions.
CBD may also have neuroprotective properties, which means it could be helpful for pets with neurological conditions such as epilepsy and seizures. Some studies have found that CBD can reduce the frequency and severity of seizures in humans and animals, although more research is needed to confirm these findings.
It is important to note that the use of CBD in pets is still an area of active research, and more studies are needed to fully understand its potential benefits and risks. It is also important to consult with a veterinarian before giving CBD to a pet, as it may interact with certain medications or have other potential side effects.
- "Cannabidiol (CBD) — what we know and what we don't." Harvard Health Publishing, Harvard Medical School. https://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/cannabidiol-cbd-what-we-know-and-what-we-dont-2018082414476
- "Cannabidiol (CBD) and its analogs: a review of their effects on inflammation." Bioorganic & Medicinal Chemistry, vol. 23, no. 7, 2015, pp. 1377-1385. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4444130/
- "The effects of cannabidiol (CBD) on low-frequency activity and functional connectivity in the brain of adults with and without autism spectrum disorder (ASD)." Journal of Psychopharmacology, vol. 32, no. 3, 2018, pp. 269-280. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5849726/
- "Cannabidiol as a potential treatment for anxiety disorders." Neurotherapeutics, vol. 12, no. 4, 2015, pp. 825-836. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4604171/
- "Cannabidiol for the treatment of epilepsy: an overview of what we know and what we need to learn." Epilepsy & Behavior, vol. 84, 2018, pp. 185-193. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5938896/
We are passionate about equipping customers with the resources they need to prevent pain from interfering with their quality of life. For this reason, Gold Spectrum CBD offers a unique, wide-ranging selection of products and cannabinoids that have something to offer for everyone, no matter what type of pain you experience.
THESES STATEMENTS HAVE NOT BEEN EVALUATED BY THE FOOD AND DRUG ADMINISTRATION. THIS PRODUCT IS NOT INTENDED TO DIAGNOSE, TREAT, URE OR PREVENT ANY DISEASE.
WE WILL NOT SHIP DELTA 8 PRODUCTS TO STATES WHERE IT IS ILLEGAL.